Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Coraline (part 2) ((Dragonfly Hairclip)) and Kaylee shindig dress update

Kaylee dress update first

The bodice pattern is still not complete, will try and finish this afternoon though.

Now on to Coraline and her dragonfly hair clip

I now have

[ ] Yellow Raincoat
[ ] Yellow Gumboots
[X] Jeans (i'm going to use a pair i already have)
[ ] Blue wig
[X] Dragonfly hairclip
[ ] Little me doll
[X] Button key

I made my own using Gold oven bake modeling clay, some plastic jewels, a hairclip, some hot glue and some PVA glue.

The clip is not as accurate as I'd like it to be but oh well, a lot of ones you can buy are not accurate either.
The dragonfly part has a wingspan of 7.2 centimeters and is 4 centimeters from head to tail.

I made a pattern out of paper, then I flattened the gold modeling clay to the thickness i wanted.

Then I put the cut out pattern on the clay and used a needle or pin to trace around it, before baking the clay.

after the clay was baked i used some PVA glue to stick the plastic jewels on in the desired arrangement on one side and then waited for a while for that to dry.

I hot glued the hairclip to the unjewed side of the dragonfly, with the narrower end of the clip pointing to the left. You may have to put quite a bit of hot glue between the dragonfly and the hairclip, for the clip to stay on. You also may have to reglue it from time to time.


Pattern


Jeweled side of Hairclip

Back of Hairclip

No comments:

Post a Comment